Senior Services Developer
Ranger's ultimate goal is to custom match a career path to each IT
professional that is rewarding on a personal, professional and financial level
Senior Services Developer
Senior Services Developer #1081
We are seeking a senior level individual that will provide leadership and guidance to the applications development team in coding best practices and coding standard definition. Innovative, results-driven expert in enterprise Application Development, Architecture, Integration, Implementation, and delivering cost effective, high-performance, high-quality solutions to meet business demands and enhance corporate value. Expert knowledge of Systems Development Methodologies, Quality Assurance, and Process Improvement in a Services Oriented Environment; institutionalized best practices that enhanced operational efficiency, effectiveness, team maturity & product quality. Proven track-record in implementing and enhancing an Agile/Scrum software development methodology across the organization. Demonstrated ability to build, lead, coach, and support high performance teams.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree, Master degree preferred in computer science, system analysis or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years working knowledge with Web development, middleware, supply chain and back office applications.
- Must have 3+ years of proven web development experience with Java, PHP, MySQL, Linux, HTML, JQuery, AJAX and Apache.
- At least 3 - 5 years working experience in business production web site creation.
- Experienced with database design and development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of team or as an independent contributor.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written are required.
- Expert knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle in an Agile/SCRUM environment and best practices.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Systems Development methodologies.
- Proven experience in large internet eCommerce environments and technologies.
- Experienced with database design and development
- Extensive experience with UML
- Expert knowledge in MVC framework (and/or Smarty desired) and extensive experience in its application.
- Ability to communicate (through presentation, written and verbal communications) key concepts, solutions and ideas to a wide variety of audiences from executives to software developers is critical - as is the ability to influence and earn the trust of these audiences.
- Proven ability to solve abstract problems, recognize patterns and apply solutions.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven track records of project/solution delivery
- Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Can-do attitude with passion for technology and best practices.
- Must be able to balance/influence longer-term vision with a practical "get it done" approach.
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Java, Spring Boot (Spring MVC) or Java EE
- Web Services: REST, SOAP, WSDL, consuming + hosting.
- SQL, Hibernate, JPA, JDBC.
- OpenEdge ABL, OpenEdge App Server, PHP - A plus
- GIT Source Control.
- Service Oriented / Micro Services
- MVC, OOP, Functional Programming.
- Design patterns
- Search Engines: Apache Solr, Lucene (preferred)
- HTML/CSS: Smarty, HTML4+5, CSS3+ (preferred)
- Operating Sys: Linux (primarily Redhat and CentOS) , Android,IOS, Bash script (preferred)
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting enterprise level applications
- Expertise in multiple technology platforms/languages
- Requirements analysis, conceptual, logical and detailed design skills
- Demonstrated consultative skills, including building relationships and team facilitation..
- Knowledge/experience spanning a wide range of software development methodologies, technologies and architectures
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Applications Architect to define the roadmap for long term re-architecture of applications and ensure the development teams are properly aligned to the strategy, standards, and framework.
- Assess components of the applications requiring re-architecture by ensuring there is a clearly defined framework and development standards that guide all future development.
- Ensure the software development best practices are incorporated in all processes.
- Recommend innovations, which anticipate the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy.
- Participate in the definition and maintenance of a reference architecture describing all components and viewpoints, to guide future solution decisions.
- Assist in implementing and evolving our application architectures based on the established road maps from current state to future state. Establishes, facilitates and maintains standard application architecture patterns and best practices.
- Mentor and coach less experienced development staff.
- Accountable for ensuring the technologies used in a given solution work together; and designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of application technology trends that impact our ability to service business priorities.
- 80% - Understand the needs of the business and implement software services in a nTier architecture in an OSI model. Recommend innovations, which anticipate the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy. Assess components of the applications requiring re-architecture by ensuring there is a clearly defined framework and development standards that guide all future development. Hands-On applications development
- 20% - Assess the current applications development processes and suggest changes for the improvement of processes using an Agile/Scrum methodology. Mentor and coach less experienced development staff. Ensure the software development best practices are incorporated in all processes. Build-out the necessary documentation to ensure all defined framework and development standards that guide all future development. Assist in the training of development team members to ensure all are adequately trained and proficient in coding best practices in a Service Orient Architecture environment.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Direct Hire
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor degree, Master degree preferred in computer science, system analysis or a related field.
Experience: 5+ years
Job Reference #: 1081
Location: Boca Raton, FL
- About Ranger
- Contact Us