Database Administrator #1683
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack for our industry leading client, with a focus on infrastructure, security, resiliency, scale, and performance. You will produce targeted and tangible results by creating effective and efficient processes. In addition, you will contribute to the architecture, design, and modeling to improve database integrity within an agile environment. The ideal candidate is an innovative strategic thinker who possesses superior organizational and time management skills.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering required
- 5+ years working with MySQL
- 5+ years working with Linux Operating System
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Database Administration (DBA)
- DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Linux Operating System
- Linux Command Line
- MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and standard workplace software)
- Agile Environment
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and delivery of the critical stack, with a strong focus on infrastructure, security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
- Identify opportunities for improved performance in SQL operations and implementations.
- Database administration such as database design, software installations, database creations and upgrades, replication, backup and recovery, scripting, and performance monitoring.
- Give design recommendations for database functions while improving the efficiency of business processes.
- Automate DBA related tasks and jobs.
- Work in an Agile environment and provide a customer-friendly experience.
- Identify existing and potential performance problems and work with the engineers to diagnose and fix.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new tools and processes that will be used to manage the database infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot database performance issues.
- Contribute innovative ideas or solutions to the architecture, design, and modeling to improve database integrity.
- Handle policies for data backup, recovery, security, and integrity across systems and implementing them.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply new patches and versions when needed.
- Knowledge of computers, hardware, software, networking, routers, Internet access, and operating systems.
- Focus on Quantity and Quality of Administrative work and to follow through on assigned tasks until completion.
- Share responsibility with team members for successes and failures.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Perm
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering required
Experience: 5+ years
Job Reference #: 1683
Location: Tamarac, FL