Sr Data Network/Datacenter Specialist #1669
As the Senior Network/Datacenter Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the Information Technology (IT) Data Center physical enterprise infrastructure environment and facility support systems. Additionally, lead network cable installations and removals, remote team accessibility, space planning, cabinet/equipment installations rack and stack, smart hands hardware break/fix support, network administration, automation, monitoring and network cabling and fiber diagnostics.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Network Engineering
- Strong understanding of network type of devices
- Strong understanding of network practices and tools
- Strong Background in Data Centers and Network
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Data Centers
- F5 Load Balancers
- Rack/Stack equipment
- Data Center – Crash Carts
- Replace hard drives
- Power VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier)
- Amps for PUs
- Change power supplies
- Network cable installations
- Field view Alerts
- Network administration
- Level 1 Trouble Shooting
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Designing, configuring, troubleshooting, and deploying network switches/routers.
- Plans for hardware and resource provisioning per requirement projections and capacity forecasting.
- Configure, update, and manage F5 load balancers.
- Responsible for all aspects of the data center network including standards, design, and technical integration.
- Participate in the creation and ongoing maintenance of Architecture & Design documentation ensuring that clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available.
- Communicate infrastructure hardware/software problems involving multiple support teams.
- Analyze system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources.
- Create engineering design to meet the business and operational objectives for business continuity solutions.
- Define standard engineering designs, templates, processes, and procedures for implementing projects that follow existing architectures for large complex projects.
- Define new engineering designs, templates, processes, and procedures for implementing projects that require new architecture patterns.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: CTH
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years
Job Reference #: 1669
Location: Northlake, IL