Technical Support/ Help Desk #1671
In this role you will provide problem resolution to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service through efficient technical help desk support and order entry transactional management. Proficient use of an integrated knowledge base, investigating inquiries via the web; fielding inbound calls; along with effectively navigating through various other technical systems is paramount to ensure customer centricity and to promote loyalty.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Experience in Tech Support, Customer Service or Help Desk required
- Knowledge of external Point of Sale
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Technical support
- Customer Service
- Point of Sale systems (barcode scanners, receipt printers, credit card swipes, touchscreen monitors)
- Wiring diagrams
- Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook)
- Internet explorer
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Judgement and decision making
- Verbal and written communication skills
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Taking in-bound calls or emails from end users to resolves troubles with their system.
- Provide troubleshooting technical support issues. Investigate, diagnose, and solve general software and hardware problems.
- Interact with customers face to face, electronically, or through telephone.
- Promptly respond to customer inquiries.
- Diagnose and resolved issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Gather all the customer’s issues and log it into a call tracking system. Ensure follow up with customers on issues that cannot be solved immediately.
- Document any resolutions that were not yet discovered.
- Work with Quality Assurance and Development on bug fixes.
- Setup input orders for parts and replacement equipment.
- Create Returns for defective, missing or returned parts and equipment.
- Assist with order fulfillment and shipping.
- Setup and configuration of new customer systems.
- Provide end user training on system functions via Internet, onsite and classroom.
- Update and maintain installation, assembly, and end user documentation for all company products.
- Perform system testing as required.
- Take part in after-hours rotation schedule for emergency technical support.
- Show enthusiasm and be a positive and encouraging presence in the office.
- Document workflow and work procedures.
- Keeping up to date with new company product offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Perm
Education: High School Diploma/GED required
Experience: 2+ years
Job Reference #: 1622
Location: Tamarac, FL