Mobile Embedded Security Engineer #1672
The Mobile Embedded Security Engineer will be involved in performing quality assurance testing for mobile devices as well as conducting hacking efforts to test for security aspects. In this role you will provide complete reports on mobile device security assurance and validation results with detailed technical analysis. In addition, you will ensure that the security technology around the internal products, both hardware and software elements developed internally or externally, are up to date and validated accurately. The successful candidate will understand embedded systems and have experience with mobile security.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar major.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with embedded/mobile device security engineering.
- Experience with planning, conducting, and reporting on engineering issues.
Skills and Strengths:
- Embedded system, required
- Android and Linux operating systems, required
- Mobile device security engineering, required
- Programming (i.e. Java, C++, C, and Python) in a mobile/embedded context, required
- Security testing
- Hacking of a device
- Hacking of tools, a plus
- Infinity box
- Testing frameworks and tools (Jira, Mantis), a plus
- Security Information Management (SIM)
- Technical documentation
- Mobile platform threat intelligence, preferred
- Web/app security, preferred
- Cross-functional teams
- Secure SDLC, preferred
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain and support mobile device security engineering assurance and validation testing.
- Conduct and support hacking related attack simulations as needed.
- Conduct and support targeted threat intelligence activities including research efforts that focus on internal products and relevant product security technology.
- Perform and support security engineering analysis of the root cause and solutions for issues discovered during the testing, hacking, and research phase.
- Participate in internal meeting to review and discuss product security certifications efforts and results.
- Support Pen-Test team during mobile device security testing and research.
- Assist with pre-lab during Face to Face Meetings & Readiness Review calls.
- Prepare complete mobile device security assurance and validation reports.
- Prepare complete threat intelligence reports.
- Collaborate in the creation of technical test plans and documentation for security assurance.
- Coordinate new process techniques that improve overall job efficiency.
- Provide intermediate security coding practices.
- Perform and support training related to Mobile device security testing, research, and hacking.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Perm
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar major.
Job Reference #: 1672
Location: Miami, FL